Monday, April 21, 2008

Studio piece #4 comes to a finish

After a 10 day delay, studio piece 4 is finally starting to finish up. This weekend, I committed to the design, and started to build up the texture and depth of the piece. I try to wait until I like a design, and have worked out all the kinks before I bring out the "heavy" paint, as once the texture starts its hard to change course. When I paint, I prefer to create flow with the paint, that will follow the curves of the drawing, and aid moving the viewer through the work. It helps in keeping the piece interesting every time you view it. I also like to squeeze the subject matter onto the canvas, so you kind of look through a window at it......it seems more intimate that way.
I have decided to post all 6 studio pieces when they are done on my web site, for any who have taken an interest...so stay tuned. Later

No comments: