Saturday, January 31, 2009

Pushing the limits

Went to Old Airport beach today, and wanted to try a larger panel..........12"x 16" today. Blazing sun, and acrylic paint......not a good combination, but today, I got it to work a bit. I'm getting better at blocking in and abstracting the color shapes.......I still have to make color corrections because the acrylics dry a bit darker, but that seems to give me a nice color variation like in the sky and the ocean. The part that pleased me the most were the rocks at the waters edge. No painting rocks today......just brush strokes of color, an viola!! Rocks!
I wish I could build up a thicker layer of paint, but with the acrylics I can't squeeze enough out at a time without a lot of it drying up. Now where did I leave my set of oils??

No comments: