Saturday, May 8, 2010

Extreme ways


I have lamented in the past about how some of these ideas might translate into larger pieces. Well this is a step in that direction. "The Big Ice Cream" is a 24 x 30 on canvas, and about as big as my studio/office/workout room/closet can handle. After being besieged on TV by all the extreme eating/food shows I thought, why not......it will give me the opportunity to add.....anything I want to my ice cream.
Now the question becomes, how large can I paint, and still have the pieces be marketable. I can sell up to 16 x 20 fairly regularly, but larger pieces really narrow the buyer pool, and I have not yet established the reach, or status to attract actual collectors. Right now the house is busting at the seams with paintings, and I have days where I just want to load it all in the truck, and take it to the dump. Hmmmmmm. must be this grey weather. later, j

No comments: