Saturday, May 1, 2010

Days gone by

I'm not quite old enough to have ever really experienced a "soda shop", but I can relate to days gone by. I remember learning to paint back in my first studio, way back in Rochester, NY. How exciting it was to have my own separate space in an artist community, and to be creating these wonderful pieces of art that were going to take the world by storm. How I sold my 1st painting at the Clothesline Art Festival. All the "Coffee Shop" shows when we moved San Francisco. Boy I was going somewhere. But then like the soda shops, it just kind of slowly of went away. And I ask sometimes, "where did it go?" "What happened?" And once in a while I think.......I can still do it! Just like I thought I could smell the Black Cherry when I clear coated this piece. Black Cherry Soda.......12 x 16

No comments: