Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Thinking BIG

  Here is the last in process picture of my elephant sculpture, as his paint job nears completion.  I've decided to change his name to "Tembo".  I was really trying to convey elephant "spirit" with this paint scheme, instead of just elephant, and I am pretty happy with the way it turned out.  He needs a bit more shadowing to accent his 3D look and a coat of clear satin finish to complete and protect him.

  I am always thinking about making a really BIG paper mache sculpture.  I even looked up the world record, and its about 7' tall by 28' in circumference.  But wouldn't it be fun to make one bigger!  I would so wish to get a grant or an artist in residency to actually create one of these huge sculptures right on the spot it was to be displayed.  People would come by daily and watch as the piece slowly took shape and came to life.

No comments: