Saturday, February 16, 2008

Studio Osterberg says hello world!


Welcome....My name is James, and I love color! The more pure and vibrant it is, the more exciting it becomes. In this opening post at Studio Osterberg, lets look at some of my art, and some really eye catching color!
This piece is titled "Dancing in Frisco" and was completed after arriving home from my first trip to San Francisco. It was my first trip to California, and the the first time I'd ever been to a city like San Francisco. Needless to say I came home with a sketch pad full of ideas and a ton of enthusiasm.
My aim with this piece was to capture the quirky, exciting people and night life that comes out "after dark" in the bay area. A swirl of color and activity....the twinkling and reflections of background light, a seductive embrace and surrender, all go into the making of this piece.
So welcome all painters and color enthusiast, and remember......Life is to short to not live it in COLOR!

1 comment:

D.P. Lorra said...

James,

I absolutely love your eye for color and contrast. You seem to also be very honest in your style. I love your work and would love to see more images of it in progress.

Thank you for sharing your talent with the (internet) world. Any gallery would be lucky to have you.

This is a wonderful piece! Gorgeous!

L.