Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Flowers for...........me, I guess

Whenever I start a painting, I'm trying to find something that I feel I want to say, that meshes with something someone else might want to hear. If things get too personal.......... well no one wants to hear that. If its too generic, it gets lost in the blah, blah, blah of the art world. These next 2 paintings are of a bit more personal twist. I like yellow. Its like sunshine. But its hard to really achieve that high yellow note, as Van Gogh used to say. So I paint yellow just for me. Nice and bright.
I call this "Jamie's Flowers 14 x 18 and the only reason I painted it was to make myself happy. And that's the fun part of my development as an artist, I don't have to worry about how to paint anymore........I just have to think about what I want to say.
The second of these 2 personal paintings will show a more "critical" view of my subject matter. I'll save that for tomorrow.

No comments: