Thursday, June 24, 2010

Back under the Big Top again

My first day back on Island and in the studio after a 2 week stint on the mainland. Its a tough adjustment for me, working 2,500 miles away from home. I called the Bay Area home for 4 years before taking the leap to Hawaii and have a lot of familiarity with it. I've lived in Hawaii for almost 5 years now. The shifting of routines from Mainland work to Hawaii art studio creates a very disjointed feeling.......like "routine jet-lag". I never really settle into one mode. Kind of like having 2 half lives instead of one whole one. Needless to say it takes a bit of time to readjust once I'm home and do something positive.
My first effort back in the studio is usually anything to just get me painting. I find that most of the time its an expression of my emotional struggle to readjust. So here is "The Blue Elephant" 14 x 18, because "the show must go on!"
Now its time to put my big boy pants on and get to work. :)

No comments: