Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Funny how it happens

Needed a break from flowers today, so I decided to try this little landscape. I always see scenes which I photograph and think what marvelous paintings they would make. Then I get back to the studio, and labor to the point of paralysis, on how to make a painting that will have the ability to move people the way the original scene inspired me. No picture is perfect.......no scene is perfect. These defects will show in the painting more so than in the actual scene. This is what causes me to struggle with landscapes. My confidence in my ability to "bend" reality into a good solid painting. I can say I'm pleasantly surprised how this little landscape sort of popped up out of nowhere.
I look at how my ability to paint has improved over the years, and how far I've come. Step by frustrating step. I guess my paintings are like this blog.............You always wish you knew if anyone was out there listening, it would make communicating so much more fun.

No comments: