Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Heads will Roll

Isn't this cool!!  Got the jaws set in the heads and the heads attached to the necks.  I had to break and re bend the lower neck to get the head pointing the way I wanted.  I have started to tape on a little detail on the upper head with pieces of scrap papier mache, and newspaper pieces shaped and taped, then applied to the head.  Once the lower head has his nose ridge and eye brows, I'll give the taped area an application of papier mache to unify it all into one solid piece.  Then I'll add the eyes, nostrils and maybe horns or ears depending on what "seems right".
  *PS... this dragon is being built with techniques gleaned from Dan Reeder and his Paper Mache Monster book.  It was his book that opened the door to paper mache sculpture for me.  Check him out at...  www.gourmetpapermache.com  

No comments: