Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Lookie Here

  My latest, newest, biggest project yet.  A flamingo.....and hopefully not an engineering nightmare.  I'm shooting for the classic one leg pose.  I have a one inch oak dowel for his leg, secured inside his body with that crazy gap fill foam you get at Home Depot.  The dowel is going thru a hole in the plywood into a trash can, which supports him while I work on the body.  The leg is solid as a rock.... now I need  to get him balanced/mounted on a base that's not too huge, but can support his weight, and not tip over.  I was going to wimp out and have him sitting on the ground with no legs showing, but he looked too much like a garden planter, and I need to learn and challenge myself, so I can do bigger and bigger pieces.  Stay tuned,  it should be interesting!

No comments: