Sunday, March 30, 2008

Something new?


http://studioosterberg.com/
I brought my 2nd studio piece up to about 95% finished yesterday, and worked on piece #3 for a while. Piece 3 is proving to be a bit perplexing. It shows just enough hope that it will turn the corner, but its developing so slowly. Yesterday I pushed pretty hard on the color, and it started to improve....but it just doesn't "sing" yet...it is still "dis-chord". So I'll try to harmonize all the color chords a bit, hopefully with out losing the color brightness.
I want to try another speed painting done from my sketch pad today also...I have a few more cool thumbnails I'd like to bring to life. The painting in this post is my first beach "quickie" I try to keep painting time down to under 2 hrs. with no retouching the next day. I find the more I fix something the less fresh it looks.
Need to set up studio piece #4 today also, so I can keep production happening. My goal is a minimum of 5 studio works a month.......we'll see. Bye for now.

No comments: